Monday, March 13, 2006

Original Song #23: "Sentimental Institution"

Hey, Mrs. Stinson,
Can Tim come out to play today?
She said she was Pleased to Meet Me
“But Don’t Tell a Soul, just Let It Be

It’s a shame about Bob
Feels like he taught me and Dando half our chops
Paul and Chris can still turn a phrase
And I’m praying Tommy’s laying off the lampshades

Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take out the Trash
I know you thinks it Stinks
But I’m All Shook Down
Still recovering from the Hootenanny

Even ten years later it still sounds fresh
At least I haven’t gotten sick of it yet
It’s a dedication from a fan
And I’m praying they’ll be laying out the welcome ‘Mats

At the sentimental institution
The sentimental institution
The sentimental institution to you
From me to you and A Boy Named Goo

- 30 -

No comments: