Monday, March 03, 2008

What Mrs. Dona Cadman doesn't have to say

Barely hours after the Super Secret Harper Imitation Tories threatened to sue the Liberals for libel, Dona Cadman released this statement today: (emphasis, mine)
...I recall specifically asking (Stephen Harper) if he was aware of a million dollar insurance policy offer, that upset Chuck so much.

He looked me straight in the eyes and told me he had no knowledge of an insurance policy offer. I knew he was telling me the truth; I could see it in his eyes. He said, yes he'd had some discussions with two individuals about asking Chuck to rejoin the party, but he'd told them they were wasting their time trying to convince Chuck.

From that point forward…. I didn't regard it as a “Party” initiative, but rather; the overzealous indiscretion of a couple of individuals…. whose identity, Chuck never revealed to me.

The specificity of her question to him - as well as the response she attributes to Harper - leaves all kinds of possibilities open to Peevey Stevie to be "aware" of other things, things that could be close, but not quite actual "insurance policy offers" that "upset Chuck".

What she did not say is perhaps more noteworthy. She did not say, for example:

...that there was no bribe offered to her late husband by the Conservative Party of Canada.
...that Mr. Harper ever denied the existence of any bribe to her late husband.
...that Mr. Harper assured her he would never condone such a thing.
...that Mr. Harper in any way regretted anything done or offered by his party under his watch in regards to Mr. Cadman.
...that Mr. Harper, the leader of the CPC, intended to censure the individuals or take any other action in regards to getting to the bottom of her concerns.
...what she thinks her late husband might have thought of Mr. Harper's answer.

Yes, this story has legs and then some. It's as if the SSHITS are just enjoying the fire they started so much they just want to keeping laying on more fuel. I am reminded of Dion's question to Harper in the House last Thursday: "What was the Prime Minister thinking?"

- 30 -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Cadman's comment suggests to me that she really is quite naive about what she's set in motion and is trying to put the genie back in the bottle. It also sounds as though Harper has gotten to her. I had wondered why she had made the original comment and thought it might be because she was trying to make herself fireproof. Not anymore. From the bits and pieces I've read it sounds as though her understanding of the law and politics is less than what I would want my representative to know.
Thank goodness there's the tape. I suspect that it's only going to get messier and make many of us long for the day when we can say goodbye to the Tories -- and for a long time. The republicanization of politics in this country is getting to be pretty disgusting.

RossK said...

Anon-Above--

Re: the Republicanization.

It's times like these that I can't help but wonder.....

"What would Joe Who do?"

.